Thursday, April 29, 2010

Want That Oh so Golden Summer Hair???

Curly Gurlies!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Wow so I haven't been putting up posts in forever...life was happening at a fast pace lol. But I'm back!!!!!! Topic of the day!!! Golden hue, or highlights for your summer do...Well this is a can of worms to open up. I, like many other chicas, salivate for that golden look for the summer. There are a plethora of options...Ive gone the highlights route as well as the rinse route...both have their pros and cons. I found that highlights (traditionally done with bleach) was the most effective in getting the color that i wanted, but the maintenance was a hassle. Even with natural hair you find that there is breakage and dryness.
While rinses on the other just weren't showing up on my hair! In the summer months quenching thirsty hair and making sure you treat it enough is a full time responsibility.
This summer I have decided to try something new. Ive been doing some research on lightening my super dark hair with hydrogen peroxide. The peroxide is by no means a easy and totally un-damaging process to the hair. All chemical applications to to your hair WILL damage the hair in some way or other if there are no steps taken to remedy damage and prevent further damage. Just keep that in mind! No freebies here...chemical + hair = some level of damage. How you treat that damage is the key. What look am I going for exactly? I want an overall lightening of my hair, as well as a few strategically placed lighter highlights to compliment my visage. How do I plan on attempting this feat? So I 've read quite a bit on people combining lemon juice and hydrogen peroxide in equal parts, or lemon juice hydrogen peroxide and water in equal parts, or all of the above with chamomile tea.... My preferred combo will be hydrogen peroxide and chamomile tea...I'm not trying to be blonde! lol The lemon, is acidic and in combination with the hydrogen peroxide I feel will be too harsh on my hair. I plan on combining the chamomile and hydrogen peroxide in equal parts in a spray bottle and applying uniformally all over my hair then going out into the sun. For the lighter pieces i will use the same combination, but I will apply heat from a blow dryer to intensify the reaction and hopefully come out with lighter pieces. After all of this, what am I going to do ladies? What we ALL should do! DEEP CONDITION! Remember these chemicals are just that, CHEMICALS...they will strip your hair of the moisture it needs to maintain a healthy shine. I will let you all know what the outcome is!!!!!

Laters!
Saranna

No comments: